What to do with Clean-Out Items after an Estate Sale?
Property cleanouts are often necessary when homeowners are moving, downsizing, foreclosure cleanout, or dealing with the aftermath of a natural disaster. But even if you’re not facing any of these life events, there’s no harm in decluttering your home and getting rid of unwanted items. A cleanout can also be a great opportunity to donate items to charity or even make some extra money by selling them online or at a garage sale. In this blog post, we’ll cover some of the basics of an estate cleanout and offer helpful advice on how to get started.
If you are in the process of foreclosing a unit, here are things that need to consider:
It’s important to understand the difference between a “trash out” and a “clean out.” A trash-out simply involves removing all the trash and debris from a property, while a cleanout requires removing everything from the property, including furniture, appliances, and personal belongings like financial documents.
In addition to vital legal and financial documents, you should also first remove any valuables from the property that you’d like to keep for yourself. These items can be stored safely elsewhere while you complete the cleanout process.
What to do with Clean-Out Items after an Estate Sale?
This service is to get you in contact with a local real estate sales agent to coordinate the process of the sale of the property between them and the estate manager.
The agent will be able to provide you with a list of items to be removed from the property before putting it on the market.
The items to be removed are as follows:
- Personal belongings/items
- Trash and Debris
After you have removed all of the items on the list, the agent will then be able to stage the property for sale. If you are not planning on selling the property, but are instead going to rent it out, you will still need to remove all of the items on the list.
Here’s How the Estate Cleanout Process Works
- Make a plan. Decide which rooms you want to tackle first, and make a list of the things you need to do in each room. Try to break down each task into smaller, more manageable pieces. For example, rather than “clean out the closet,” break it down into smaller tasks like “sort through clothes,” “donate items,” and “put away seasonal items.” Having a plan will help you stay focused and on track.
- Set aside some time. Once you have a plan, set aside some time to execute it. Dedicate an afternoon or a weekend to decluttering your home, and make sure you block off enough time so that you don’t feel rushed. Trying to do too much at once will only lead to frustration. Slow and steady wins the race!
- Get started! The hardest part is starting, but once you get going, it’ll be easier to keep going. Start with one small task and work your way up. Once you’ve tackled a few smaller tasks, you’ll start to see progress and that will motivate you to keep going.
- Take breaks as needed. Cleaning out your home can be overwhelming, so make sure to take breaks as needed. If you start to feel overwhelmed or frustrated, take a step back and take a break. Grab a cup of coffee or take a walk around the block—whatever you need to do to clear your head and come back refreshed.
- Reward yourself! When you’ve finally decluttered your home, reward yourself! Whether it’s taking a nice long bath or ordering takeout from your favorite restaurant, do something special for yourself to celebrate your accomplishment. You deserve it!
Estate cleanout companies can provide a helping hand. These companies specialize in helping people clean out their homes, and they can do all the heavy lifting for you. If you’re considering hiring an estate clean-out company, be sure to pick the best clean-out services. When it comes to an estate of someone you care about, it’s important to hire an estate cleanout professional instead of a junk removal company.
We are dedicated to environmentally friendly practices and will donate as many items as possible to local charities or individuals in need. The rest will be recycled or disposed of by local, state, and federal guidelines. Let us help ease the burden of clearing out an estate, rental property, or foreclosure cleanouts.
Estate Cleanout Services
If you’re in the process of decluttering your home, our team at Laredo’s Best Junk & Waste Removal can help! We specialize in junk removal services and estate cleanouts, and we’re here to take the hassle out of decluttering your home. We’ll work with you to create a plan that fits your needs and schedule, and we’ll handle all the heavy lifting for you.
We know you are stressed and you would rather be doing a hundred other things besides cleaning out the apartment, condo, or home. It doesn’t help that all the memories of you and your family in this home make it even more difficult to keep going. You may also have been friends with the previous tenants. Either way, this is an emotional experience. There needs to be a level of understanding and empathy during this time so you can focus on what matters most. Laredo’s Best Junk & Waste Removal has mastered the art of estate cleanouts and will be out of your hair before you know it.
Laredo’s Best Junk & Waste Removal is a company that specializes in estate cleanouts. We understand that decluttering your home can be a daunting task, but we’re here to help! Our team of professional junk removal experts will work with you to get your home clean and organized in no time. We are a professional full-service estate preparation management and estate cleanout company willing to service your needs. Contact us today to learn more about our services or to schedule a free estimate.